Bathroom Vent Fan
Bath exhaust fans are a necessary part of any bathroom with a tub or shower. Moisture contributes to mold and mildew growth, as well as peeling paint, warped wood and flooring and rusting of different elements in the bathroom. Fortunately there are many different fan styles available and several different options for venting your bath, depending on a number of factors such as:
- Location of the bathroom. If it is on the first floor, venting it to an outside wall is best. If it is on the second or third floors, bathroom exhaust fans are generally vented through the attic or an exterior wall.
- Sometimes there is venting in place and only a new fan is needed.
- Fans are available with heat lamps, night lights, moisture sensors, and motion detectors - needs and budget will help you make the best choice for your home among these categories.
There are several ways to vent a bathroom, depending on existing equipment, new or older home and size of the bathroom. To be sure you are installing the best option for your home or business, consider these variables before making a choice on bathroom exhaust fans:
- Placement of existing fan, if any. If the fan you want has a heater, it cannot be placed in the shower.
- Size of the bathroom where the exhaust fan is to be installed. Be sure to caluculate 1 CFM for each square foot.
- Budgeting for the right fan to meet your needs.
- An energy efficient bathroom vent fan is an important consideration. There are many different styles available to fit any vent fan project.
- Lastly, finding a fan that is not too loud - many families find that bath exhaust fans can be quite noisy. There are plenty of fans on the market that are a bit quieter.
That Handyman will help you select the best bathroom exhaust fan to fit your needs and budget and run the vents from the bathroom to the outside via the attic or the nearest exterior wall if necessary. Call 330-494-8054 for a quote or an appointment or Contact Us!
That Handyman installs bathroom exhaust fans in Stark, Carroll, Summit, and surrounding Ohio counties.